Sunday, January 3, 2010

Tiling Around A Bathtub New Tile Around Bathtub Over Old Drywall?

New tile around bathtub over old drywall? - tiling around a bathtub

I am renovating a bathroom and was distributed boxes of plaster and lay a plan for the new tiles. I wonder if the dry soft sand, and perhaps also to the surface when I use the existing drywall to. While the tile that was removed a large quantity of paper, but only in certain places is the sample of white powder. This is not really a big problem if I use new things, and I have worked with drywall, but I have a truck, and it is therefore difficult to buy without listening to a friend.

2 comments:

Woodwerk... said...

best option would be to remove the patch and replace with cement board, which comes in 3'x5 'sheets to be 5' in height above the bath. 4 sheets, a standard bath (front right \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ rear horizontal), and would fit in the trunk of most cars. So that you can apply directly to the vapor barrier Poland. but use 1 / 2 inch thick to come around with flush plasterboard. 1 / 4 "goes into the ground.
Alternatively you can contact areas thinset with scraps of paper with a quick adjustment.
I hope that helps.

Tedruski said...

In a tub / shower area, I suggest that cement board behind the tile. This is the best way. Yes, you can put tiles on plasterboard, a review of the lowest common connection - you need to finish no sand without any problems. The use of glue tile so your grip does not slip much. Can provide added protection to him a good textbook on drywall.
Not the best way, but I'll try to answer the question and not to preach, how to do it too.

Post a Comment